25 things to do this Christmas
Date: 01 Dec 2015
December is finally here! Over the next 12 days we will be posting a variety of festive themed blogs.
So to kick off day 1, here are 25 suggestions of things you and your families can do together this December to enjoy the festivities!
- Decorate the Christmas tree together
- See the Christmas lights in your town
- Make family Christmas cards
- Decorate the rest of the house with lights and tinsel – Candy Floss has 5 top tips to remember when decorating the house
- Write a letter to Father Christmas
- Go to a local Christmas Fayre
- Fill the fridge with Christmas food and drinks
- Go to the cinema and watch a Christmas film
- Go to a Christmas market
- Meet some real life reindeer
- Sing Christmas Carols
- Fill a shoe box of little presents and drop to your local Bright Horizons nursery (be sure to check their collection dates!) Boxes will be distributed to homeless children and expectant mothers, as part of Bright Horizons Foundation for Children’s shoebox appeal
- Go and watch a Christmas pantomime – he’s behind you!
- Take the children to Santa’s Grotto
- Do some Christmas baking; here are some recipes for you to try:
- Make thank you cards to be sent after Christmas Day
- Take the family ice skating
- Have a night playing board games
- Pull plenty of Christmas crackers
- Make a Christmas Eve box of goodies for the children– with Christmas PJs and treats
- Leave the mince pies out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer
- Hang your Christmas stockings
- Make a family keepsake ornament to add to your Christmas tree
- Last minute Christmas shopping – as Christmas really wouldn’t be the same without it!
- And finally, enjoy the festive season with your loved ones and be lucky for all that you have!