Canadian Date Slice
62g Granulated Sugar
75g Pitted Dates
1 Medium Egg
112g Self Raising Flour
12.5g Arriba Cocoa
12.5g Black Treacle
Method1. Cream the margarine and the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the dates and the water.
3. Then add the eggs, flour and coco powder and beat well to prevent lumps forming.
4. Add the treacle and mix together.
5. Once all the mixture is combined pour into a greased and lined tray.
6. Bake at 150°C for 20 -25 minutes or cover and steam if preferred.
7. Cool and cut into slices.