Apricot Bread & Butter Pudding
85g Wholemeal Bread (sliced)
30g Sunflower Spread
15g Demerara Sugar
300ml Whole Milk
60g Dried Apricots
1. Spread the bread with the margarine and then cut into quarters.
2. Arrange half of the bread, spread side up, on the base of an ovenproof dish.
3. Sprinkle with half the sugar and finely chopped apricots. Repeat for the second layer.
4. Whisk together the milk, eggs and cinnamon in a mixing bowl or jug.
5. Pour the custard over the bread.
6. Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for approximately 45 minutes until just set.
7. Remove from the oven once set and golden and cut into 10 portions.