Thai Style Tofu and Noodle Soup
10g Lemon Grass
1tblsp Sunflower Oil
100g Red Onion
30g Thai Green Paste
400ml Coconut Milk
200g Whole Green Beans
400g Egg Noodles
pinch Ground Black Pepper
1. Put the tofu in a small saucepan with the lemongrass and ginger.
2. Cover with 500ml water, bring to boil, then turn off the heat and set aside for 5 mins.
3. Lift out the tofu and set aside ,strain and reserve the cooking liquid, discarding the lemon grass and ginger.
4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the onion and fry for 2 mins ,then add the that green curry paste and fry for 1 min.
5. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, and salmon poaching liquid, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add the beans and simmer for 2 mins, then add the noodles and tofu and simmer for another 2 mins.
7. Squeeze in the lime juice. Divide and top with fresh chopped coriander.