1 tbsp ginger, grated
4 green chillies, finely chopped
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 slice bread, crumbled
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. First Make your mashed potato. Fill a large saucepan with water and add salt if desired. Peel and slice potatoes and add to the pan. Bring to the boil until potatoes are soft, drain and mash.
2. Next, mix together mashed potatoes, grated ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, crumbled bread and salt to prepare the tikki mixture.
3. Shape the mixture into flat and round discs about 2 inches in diameter.
4. Add the oil to a frying pan and heat on a medium setting on the hob. Fry the tikki discs in the oil until golden brown.
5. Remove the tikkis from the pan and serve.