Fun things to do at the beach with children
When thinking of a trip to the beach, we think sandy shore, warm sun, beautiful breeze and a great book. Visiting the beach with a family however, presents a whole new experience. Suddenly, the sandy shores are filled with toys, games and snacks and our warm sun means endless amounts of sun cream. Family visits to the beach can be a fantastic and exciting experience however, and we’ve included a few things to do at the beach to keep your children entertained.
- Building sandcastles. Packing little figurines and props can really make your castle come to life!
- Collect shells. Walk along the beach and find pretty shells, which will make great weekend arts and crafts activities later in the holidays.
- Walk along the shore. See how many animals you can see!
- Have a family picnic. Planning lunch? Bring a big blanket and enjoy a picnic.
- Host a scavenger hunt. List some items which can be found on the beach, including seashells and pebbles.
- Organise a treasure hunt. Bring coins and hide them in the sand, and see how many your children can find.
- Draw a hopscotch in the sand. Use shells to mark out the squares.
- Pack a ball, or bat and ball game. Just be mindful of others if the beach is crowded.
- Bring a board or inflatable. Enjoy the sea and waves!
10. Take a moment to relax and enjoy a break from the sun. Find a nice shaded area, grab an umbrella and read your child one of their favourite books.
Holidays are a great way to spend time with your family during the summer months!