You Will Need:
- Cornflour (200-300g)
- Water (200ml)
- Food Colouring (Not Essential)
- Pour the cornflour into a jug or bowl.
- Slowly add the water, mixing as you go.
- Your cornflour will be ready once the mixture is thick and becomes solid to touch.
- You can add a few drops of food colouring to give the Gloop a splash of colour!
- Place the bowl on a flat surface and encourage your baby to explore the texture.
Extending The Activity:
- Add a range of washable resources to the gloop such as animals or cars.
How this supports your child's learning:
Babies will love exploring how the texture and consistency changes as they play. It will also encourage babies to explore through their senses. This will all support hand eye coordination and fine motor skills.
Words to introduce during the activity to support language development
Get stuck in! Babies learn through observing others. Get stuck in! Babies learn through observing others.
Download and Keep