You will need:
- Balls or bean bags
- Large tub or container
- Stand the large container on the floor.
- Throw the ball and aim to get it in the container.
- For older children, encourage them to persevere to see if they can get the ball into the container for example; Shall we stand nearer? Would a bigger ball help?
- Celebrate when the ball lands in the goal!
How this supports your child's learning:
This activity will help support physical development and co-ordination when your child is trying to throw the ball into the container. Problem solving skills will be supported as your little one works out how to achieve getting the ball into the goal
Extending the activity:
- Move further away once your child gets the hang of it
- Stand the container on a different height for example put the container on a low table or chair
- Use different size balls
- Use more than one size container
Words to introduce during the activity to support language development
Use expressive language too
- Uh Oh
- You Scored!
This is an ideal activity to include as part of an obstacle course
Download and Keep