Playing games with your child is a great way to help them recognise and understand the rules of sharing and playing together. These games can also help children to develop
- Observational skills by encouraging children to compare similarities, notice differences and match items together e.g. by size, colour or shape.
- Memory, and their ability to store and recall information.
- Listening skills, as they listen carefully, remember and follow instruction
- Patience, from waiting for their turn to playing the game until it is finished
- Resilience, the ability to pick themselves up and try again