White cooking onion
Extra large carrot
1. Drizzle the aubergine slices with oil and soften in the pan
2. To make the white sauce: melt the margarine in a pan, then mix in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the milk and continue to stir until it is thickened.
3. To make the tomato and pesto sauce: heat vegetable oil in a pan on a medium heat, add onion and fry until soft, add the fresh basil, parmesan and garlic, allow to simmer for five minutes stirring continuously so the parmesan doesn't stick. Add the chopped tomatoes and mix all the ingredients together - allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Fry the mushrooms, courgettes, onion, carrot until soft, fold in the creamy tomato and pesto sauce and thyme.
5. Out half the mixture in the bottom of the dish, layer with small pieces of potato, aubergine and white sauce. Repeat, finishing with a topping of white sauce decorate with the large tomato cut into slices.
6. Cook for 25-35 minutes at 190 until the mixture is cooked all the way through and is brown and golden.