1 Medium Onion
2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
1 Red Pepper
15ml Vegetable Oil
400g Chopped Tomatoes
400g Tuna Chunks in Brine
200g Frozen Sweetcorn
1tsp Mixed Herbs
Pinch of Black Pepper to taste
25g Plain Flour
300ml Semi Skimmed Milk
75g Mild White Cheddar
10 sheets Dried Lasagne
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4.
2. Peel and finely chop the fresh onion and garlic.
3. Wash the fresh pepper, deseed and dice.
4. Heat the oil in the large saucepan and soften the onions, garlic and peppers over a low heat for 4–5 minutes.
5. Open the cans and add the tomatoes and tuna to the saucepan.
6. Blanche sweetcorn and add.
7. Add the dried herbs and ground black pepper to taste.
8.Reduce the heat and leave to simmer while you make the cheese sauce.
9. Weigh the spread and flour into the small pan and add the milk.
10. Gently bring to the boil whisking all the time to prevent any lumps.
11. Once the sauce is bubbling, reduce the heat and cook for a minute,then turn off the heat.
12. Grate the cheese and stir half into the sauce together with the mustard and black pepper.
13. Put a third of the fish mixture into the base of the ovenproof dish and top with lasagne sheets.
14. Spread over another third of the fish mixture then pour about a third of the cheese sauce over that.
15.Top with another layer of lasagne sheets, the rest of the fish, another third of the cheese sauce and top with sheets of lasagne.
16. Spread the rest of the cheese sauce all over the last layer of lasagne sheet and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
17. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until bubbling hot
18. Remove from the oven and leave to set.
19. Serve with a slice of garlic bread and salad