Sweet Potato and Bean Burritos
400g Sweet Potatoes
100g Red Onions
2.5 Green Peppers
2.5 Red Peppers
1 Clove of Garlic
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Paprika Pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
200g Red Kidney Beans
400g Chopped Tomatoes
400g Butter Beans
4 Flour Tortillas
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the sweet potato chucks to the pan and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on the required texture. Drain well
3. Dry fry the peppers and onion for 3-4 minutes until softened.
4. Mix together the coriander, paprika, oregano, chilli powder and garlic powder and then add to the onions and peppers.
5. Continue to then fry for another 3-4 minutes
6. Add the tomatoes, beans and sweet potato to the mix
9. Evenly distribute the mixture between the middle of each tortilla (10 in total).
10. Fold the Burritos, fold the bottom edge over to meet the top of the tortilla then gently pull the top back around the filling to shape it. Finally, fold into each side, before rolling to form the finished burrito.