50g Bran Flakes
250ml Whole Milk
105g Wholemeal Flour
3/4tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
50g Caster Sugar
1 Medium Egg
1. Soak the bran flakes in the milk for 10 minutes.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
3. Cream together the margarine and sugar, then beat in the egg.
4. Stir in alternate spoonful's of the soaked bran flakes and flour mixture.
5. Gently fold in the fruit.
6. Line a muffin tray with paper cases and half-fill each case with mixture.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
TIP: You can use any soft fruit in this recipe.