Savoury Pinwheel Scones
125g Plain Greek Yoghurt
375g Self-Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Paprika Powder
140g Mild White Cheddar
200ml Whole Milk
3tbsp Tomoato Puree
70g Feta Cheese
200g Sliced Ham
200g Chopped Spinach
2 finely chopped Spring Onions
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C.
2. Lightly grease a baking tray.
3. Sift the self-raising flour and baking powder into a bowl.
4. Stir in 60g of grated cheese & paprika.
5. Add the Greek yoghurt and stir the ingredients together.
6. Slowly add milk until the mixture is moist, but not too wet. (Keep back a little of the milk to brush on the pinwheel scones before baking.)
6. Mix lightly all of the ingredients together until it’s all combined into a soft dough. Be careful not to over stir, you could use a knife to ‘cut’ in the milk.
7. Turn the dough on to a clean, lightly floured surface.
8. Knead well for 5 minutes.
8. Roll your dough out into a large rectangle, until it’s about 5mm thick.
9. Spread surface of rectangle with the tomato puree and scatter with feta cheese, the rest of the grated cheese, the ham, the chopped spinach and the spring onions.
10. Roll it up tightly to form a long roll.
11. Cut into pieces that are 3cm wide, and arrange spiral side up and touching one another on a prepared baking sheet.
12. Brush surface of each scone with a little milk.
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
14. Leave to cool, and then enjoy!