Casserole of Pork with Apples & Prunes
530g Pork Shoulder
250g Cooking Apples
100g Pitted Prunes
300ml Apple Juice
1. Dry fry diced pork.
2. Peel and slice apples and onions.
3. Arrange 1/3rd in bottom of casserole dish.
4. Blanch prunes in boiling water for 3 mins.
5. Place 1/2 prunes on top of apples and onions and add pork.
6. Sprinkle with sage and season.
7. Cover with remaining apples and onion and remainder of prunes.
8. Pour over apple juice.
9. Cover and place in oven and cook for 2 hours.
10. Check liquid and add more if required.11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.