Homemade Ocean Fish Pie
580g Pollock Fillet
250ml Whole Milk
30g Plain Flour
90g Mild White Cheddar1tbsp Fresh Parsley
1. Boil potatoes until cooked, strain and mash. Season to taste.
2. Place fish in a large shallow pan, cover with milk and poach until cooked through.
3. Drain off the milk (but retain for the sauce) and place fish in an ovenproof serving dish.
4. To make the sauce, melt the rest of the margarine in a thick-bottomed pan, add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Cook out for a few seconds without colouring.
6. Gradually add the retained milk and mix to a smooth sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
7. Stir in the grated cheese keeping a little back for garnishing, season and stir over a low heat until melted.
8. Pour the sauce over the fish and using a piping bag top with potato.
9. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and garnish with sliced tomatoes.
10. Place in an oven Gas mark 6/400°F/200°C until golden brown.
11. Garnish with parsley and serve.