Moroccan Lamb Tagine
This is great served with couscous or quinoa!
500g Lamb Mince
200g Canned Chickpeas
400g Chopped Tomatoes
2 cloves Finely Chopped Garlic
1 large Red Onion
100g halved Dried Apricots
Juice of 1 Orange
2 finely chopped Red Pepper
Handful of roughly chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
1tsp Ground Coriander
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2tsp Ground Ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, soak the apricots in the orange juice for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Drain them and puree them in a food processor.
3. In a large pan, dry fry the lamb and drain the excess fat.
4. Reduce the heat and add the onion and garlic until they are soft.
5. Stir in the drained chickpeas, 600ml water, tinned tomatoes, peppers, apricots and spices.
6. Bring to the boil.
7. Cover and simmer for approximately 1 hour.
8. Season to taste
9. Remove from the heat and then garnish with the parsley.