Mixed Bean and Vegetable Hot Pot
400g Chopped Tomatoes
150g Tomato Puree
250g Baked Beans
5g Mixed Herbs
50g Red Onion
200g Red Kidney Beans
80g Sliced Peppers
900g King Edward Potatoes
1. Make tomato sauce: into a saucepan add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste, with 1/2 litre of hot water.2. Add chopped onion, mixed peppers, broccoli, peeled carrots, mixed herbs, paprika and sliced courgettes.
3. Rinse kidney beans and add to the sauce. Stir in the baked beans.
4. Bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Slice potatoes thinly once peeled.
6. Decant the mixture into an oven proof dish.
7. Top with the slice potatoes and then oven bake until potatoes are golden and crispy.
8. Remove from the oven and cut into 10 portions.