2 Large Carrots
187g Alaskan Pollock Fillet
187ml Whole Milk
1 1/4 tbsp Plain Flour
56g Mild White Cheddar
1. Melt 18g of margarine in a saucepan, add the leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the carrots, cover with water and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
4. Meanwhile, put the fish in a pan with the milk and parsley and a little pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
5. Set aside, reserving the cooking liquid.
6. to prepare the sauce, melt the 25g of margarine in a pan, stir in the plain flour and cook for 1 minute.
7. Gradually whisk in the fish cooking liquid, bring to the boil and cook, stirring until the sauce has thickened.
8. Remove from the heat, add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
9. Drain the vegetables and mix with the flaked fish and cheese sauce.