10ml Sunflower Oil
40g Red Lentils
60g Green Lentils
5g Mixed Herbs
5 slices Wholemeal Bread
50g Mild White Cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
2. Grease baking tin with half of the oil.
3. Peel and chop potatoes cover with water and boil for 20 minutes until soft.
4. In a separate pan, add the green lentils to boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes add the red lentils and boil for 20 minutes and drain both of the lentils.
6. Drain the potatoes and mash.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the diced onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
8. Combine potatoes, onion, lentils and herbs in a large bowl.
9. Make the bread into breadcrumbs by using a food processor.
10. Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
11. Roll the mixture into balls and coat with egg and breadcrumbs.
12. Place on greased tray and bake in oven for 20 -30 minutes