150g Self Raising Flour
50g Butter or Spread
50g Caster Sugar
50g Medium Eggs
1 Large Orange
1. Grate and squeeze orange.
2. Cream the margarine and caster sugar.
3. Beat the eggs and carefully add to the creamed mixture, beating well until smooth.
4. Sieve in the flour, baking powder
5. Add the orange juice and rind, beat gently until smooth.
6. Bake in a greased tin at 150ºC, 300ºF, gas mark 2 for 30-45 minutes until cooked.
This can be served with sauce or as an iced sponge or dust with icing sugar.