Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2x 12-hole pastry/patty tin
8cm (3.5 inch) plain or fluted cutter
Plain flour for dusting
375g (12oz) ready-rolled shortcrust pastry. thawed if frozen and taken our of the refridgerator 15 minutes before use
200ml (7 fl oz) milk
pinch of salt
4 slices of ham, diced
2 sping onions, chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
50g (2oz) cheddar cheese, grated
1. Set the oven to 220oC (42.5oF), Gas Mark 7, and spinkle some oil into the cups of the patty tins. Ask your child to carefully cover the cups with the oil.
2. Spinkle some flour on to a work surface and unroll the pastry. Have your child flatten the pastry with the balls of their hands.
3. Show them how to stamp circles out of the pastry with the cutter and place each circle in a cup of the tin, gently pressing it down with their fingertips.
4. Place the eggs, milk and salt in a measuring jug and beat with a fork.
5. Put them ham, spring onion and cherry tomatoes into a bowl and mix together. Ask your child to put a dessert spoonful of the mixture into each cup.
6. Pour some of the egg and milk mixture into each cup.
7. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the top.
8. Bake the quiches for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
Enjoy hot or cold!