150g Self Raising Flour
1 Medium Egg
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
20ml Vegetable Oil
200g Creme Fraiche
1.Put the flour into the mixing bowl.
2.Make a well in the centre and add the egg and about half of the milk.
3. Mix to a smooth, thick batter. You may need to add a little more milk if the batter is too thick to mix.
4. When the batter is smooth, gradually stir in the rest of the milk until it is well combined.
5. Add a small amount of oil to the frying pan, just enough to give a non-stick layer to the surface of the pan.
6. Heat the frying pan on high until the oil begins to smoke, then turn down the heat to medium.
7. Pour 15ml spoons of batter onto the surface of the pan. This should make pancakes about 3cm.
8. Leave each pancake for about 30 seconds.
9. Flip each pancake over using a palette knife or fish slice and leave for another 30 seconds.
10. Transfer pancakes to a wire rack or some kitchen towel on a plate.
11. Serve with 1 x 5ml spoon crème fraîche and raspberries or other seasonal fruit or tinned fruit on fruit juice.