56g Caster Sugar
37.5g Wholemeal Flour
37.5g Plain Flour
75g Porridge Oats
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
1tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4tbsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1 1/2 Medium Eggs
Grated Lemon Rind
56g Dried Raisins
5ml Whole Milk
5g Icing Sugar
1. Cream together the sugar and margarine.
2. Mix the plain and wholemeal flour together with the oats, spices and baking powder.
3. Add the flour mixture alternately with the eggs to the creamed sugar and margarine to form a sponge mixture.
4. Add the lemon rind and dried raisins.
5. Spread into a shallow, greased baking tin and bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 for 35 minutes.
6. When the cake is cooked and cooled top with a light sprinkling of icing sugar and cut into slices.