Ingredients10oz self-raising flour
3 teaspoons ground ginger
4oz caster sugar
3 tablespoons golden syrup
4 tablespoons milk
Currants and cherries (without the additives)
Method1. Heat oven to gas mark 3.
2. Grease a baking tray, place flour, and ginger in a bowl.
3. Add the sugar, fat and the syrup to the bowl and mix well.
4. Add the milk to a firm dough and knead with hands.
5. Roll out and cut out shapes or use a cutter, and place onto a baking tray.
6. Make the eyes with the currants cherries for the mouth and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool and decorate with icing.