580g Pollock Fillet
300g Fresh Leeks
1litre Semi Skimmed Milk
50g Plain Flour
40g Fresh Parsley
1.1kg Sweet Potato
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Check the fish for any bones and lay in a shallow oven proof dish, cover with milk and place in the hot oven to cook.
(approximately 15 minutes).
3. Meanwhile make the sauce. Place the chopped leek and spread in a saucepan, melt the spread and cook the leeks until softened.
4. Add the flour to make a roux and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove the fish from the oven and place on a plate.
6. Keep the milk.
7. Gradually add the milk used to cook the fish to the roux stirring all the time until you have a thick shinny sauce.
8. Add the parsley to the sauce.
9. Wash peel and chop the Sweet Potato into small chunks and place in a pan of boiling unsalted water.
10. In a separate pan add the green beans, once tender drain the green beans.
11. When the potato is soft, drain and then mash.
12. Place the fish pieces back into the cream herb sauce and gently heat.
13. Serve the fish with the sauce and mashed sweet potato and green beans immediately.