Chicken and Vegetable Goulash with Gnocchi
500g Chicken Breast Fillet
15g Vegetable Oil
200g Medium Onions
Pinch of Black Pepper
320g Red Pepper
24g Fresh Garlic
100g Tomato Puree
100g Chopped Tomatoes
250ml Sour Cream
1/2tsp Plain Flour
300g Button Mushrooms
150g Frozen Peas
150g Green Beans
1. Put the vegetable oil into a saucepan, heat it up and add all of the onions. Stir, and when the onion is soft and translucent, add 4 tsp of the paprika and reduce the heat immediately!
2. Stir, and put the chicken pieces in the pan. Stir and season them with pepper.
3. Add the garlic, tomato, red pepper and the mushroom to the chicken. Mix well and cook for 8-10 minutes.
4. Pour vegetable stock over the chicken, cover with lid and cook for 30-45 minutes until the meat is tender.
5. To make a paprikash sauce, combine the tomato puree and 100 ml water with 1 tsp of paprika and the sour cream, add ½ tbsp of plain flour. Add the sauce to the chicken and vegetables.
6. Heat thoroughly until the sauce has thickened.
7. Serve immediately with green vegetables and Gnocchi - prepared as per packet instructions.