Chicken and Mushroom Pie
10ml Sunflower Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
500g Diced Chicken
1tsp Mixed Herbs
150g Button Mushrooms
350ml Full Fat Milk
100g Plain Flour
50g Wholemeal Flour
Preheat oven to 200°C/400 °F/Gas mark 6.
1. Sauté the onions and crushed garlic in vegetable oil until soft.
2. Add the diced chicken, sliced mushrooms and herbs. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the milk and bring to a simmer.
4. Thicken with the cornflour.
1. For the pastry, sift the white and wholemeal flour and rub in margarine.
2. Add just enough cold water to form a dough and mix together.
3. Turn out on to a clean, floured work surface and roll out to form a lid
4. Fill dish with chicken mixture and cover with rest rolled out pastry to form a lid.
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.