Chicken Enchiladas with Salad
500g chicken cut into strips
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 red onion, peeled and sliced
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
For the salad:
2 little gem lettuces, washed and shredded
½ cucumber, sliced
½ yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
½ red onion, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Start by sealing the chicken in a large frying pan with a little oil until golden.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and place on some kitchen towel to absorb any excess grease.
- Using the same pan (add a little more oil if necessary), put on a high heat and stir fry the peppers and onions until soft.
- Reduce the heat, then add all of the spices and garlic, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomato purée and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes, bring to the boil then add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salad items together in a bowl.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and put in a hot oven for 5 minutes or until warm.
- Place all the food in the middle of the table and let the family assemble their enchiladas.