Cheese Scone Twists
Ingredients1lb self-raising flour
2 level teaspoons baking powder
3oz English butter
4oz mature cheddar finely grated
Half pint of milk
Method1. Heat the oven to 180c, or gas mark 4 for 12-15 mins.
2. Add flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Rub in the butter.
4. Add half the cheese and bind the mixture with the milk.
5. Roll out on a board and cut out rounds with a cutter and remove the centres using a smaller cutter.
6. Twist each circle to form a figure or a shape, and place them well apart on a buttered baking sheet.
7. Brush the shapes with a small amount of milk and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.