40g Plain Flour
900ml Whole Milk
150g Mild Cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
2. Prepare the macaroni pasta according to the packet instructions
3. Approximately 4 minutes before the pasta is ready, add the sweetcorn to the boiling water.
4. Drain and run under cold water to stop the pasta from sticking together.
5. For the cheese sauce: Heat the margarine in a medium pan and gradually add the flour, stirring constantly for 1 minute on a low heat.
6. Slowly add the milk still stirring to prevent any lumps forming. Simmer for 3-4 minutes and stir until the sauce thickens.
7. Remove from the heat, mix in the cheese and allow it to melt.
8. Mix the cheese sauce with the macaroni and sweetcorn and transfer into a large oven proof dish
9. Place into the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown