Cauliflower and Macaroni Cheese
60g Sunflower Spread
60g Plain Flour
90g Corn Flakes
200ml Whole Milk
150g Mild Cheddar
Method1. Cook macaroni in boiling water according to pack instructions.
2. Add cauliflower florets to macaroni 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
3. Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the flour and mix to a roux and cook for 3-4 minutes.4. Gradually whisk in the milk until a thick and creamy consistency.
5. Add 75g of the grated cheese, peas and sweetcorn.6. Add chopped chives to the sauce.
7. Mix the macaroni, cauliflower and sauce together and place in a large heatproof dish.
8. Crush the cornflakes and mix the crushed cornflakes and 75g of the grated cheese together and sprinkle on top of the macaroni.9. Cook the macaroni and cauliflower cheese in a hot oven for 10 -15 minutes until the top is golden.
NB: Spring onions can be used instead of chives.