300g Butternut Squash
20ml Vegetable Oil
200g White Onion
2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
400g Pudding Rice
1 Litre of Water
400g Haricot Beans
100g Fresh Spinach
10g Fresh Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the vegetables by - peeling, deseeding and dicing the butternut squash, Peeling and chopping the onion, peeling and crushing the garlic.
3. Drain the beans (net weight should be 480g) and chop the fresh parsley.
4. In a large mixing bowl, coat the diced butternut squash in half the oil.
5. Place on a baking tray, making sure the pieces do not overlap. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
6. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a deep saucepan.
7. Add the onion and garlic and heat until it softens.
8. Add the rice and mix well for a few seconds to coat with oil, then pour in one-third of the water and bring to a gentle simmer.
9. Cook until almost all the water is absorbed.
10. Add a little more water and the beans. Cook until almost all the water is absorbed.
11. Continue to add the water a little at a time until it has all been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
12. Stir in the roasted butternut squash, spinach and half the chopped parsley. Stir regularly until the spinach has wilted.
13. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley before serving.