Baked Fish and Parsley Sauce
580g Pollock Fillet
93g Butter or Spread
93g Plain Flour
750ml Whole Milk
15g Flat Leaf Parsley
1/2tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. To make the parsley sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan.
3. Add the flour, cook for 2-3 minutes then slowly add the milk to the pan, whisking continually, until you have a thick white sauce.
4. Add the parsley and cook for a further five minutes.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper (if needed).
6. Meanwhile, place the fish on large baking trays lined with grease proof paper.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and put in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
8. To serve, place the fish on the plate and pour over the parsley sauce.