333g Bramley Apple
83g Pitted Dates
42g Self Raising Flour
42g Wholemeal Flour
83g Demerara Sugar
1 1/2 Medium Egg
1g Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Peel, core and grate the apples, chop the dates into small pieces and beat the eggs.
2. Mix together the margarine, flours, baking powder and sugar.
3. Mix all the ingredients together.
4. Lightly oil a baking tray and spread the mixture in the prepared tray.
5. Bake in an oven at 200ºC, 400ºF, gas mark 6 for approximately 30 minute until the mixture is golden brown and risen.
6. Cut the cake into triangles.