Apple and Raspberry Muffins
240 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
60 g soft light brown sugar
1 large eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped
120 g fresh raspberries or other soft fruit
8 tbsp milk
50 g unsalted butter (melted).
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (Fan 180°C, Gas 6).
2. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
3. In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar together. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat on the hob.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and milk together lightly, add the melted butter and then add the apples and raspberries.
4. Mix the liquid and fruit mixture slowly into the dried ingredients until just combined (the mixture will look lumpy, but that’s OK!)5. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven until they look golden, are well risen and firm to touch.
7. Remove from the oven and cool in the tray for 5 minutes before removing from the tray and leaving to thoroughly cool on a wire rack before eating.