2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder and quarter of a tsp bicarbonate of soda
Half a cup soft light brown sugar
1 large or 2 small eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped or grated
1 cup fresh raspberries or other soft fruit
Half a cup milk
50g unsalted butter (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. Beat the milk and egg together lightly, add the melted butter and then add the apples and raspberries.
4. Mix gently into the dried ingredients until just combined (the mixture will look lumpy, but that’s OK!)
5. Spoon the mixture into the cake cases.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, well risen and firm to touch. Remove from the oven and cool in the tray for 5 minutes then remove from the tray and leave to thoroughly cool on a wire rack.