Uncooked Playdough Recipe
- 8 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 60ml warm water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the water and the oil and mix together.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth dough.
At stage 2 you can add different ingredients to vary the look and smell of the dough for example why not add a few drops of food colouring, coco powder, ginger or rosemary to the mixture.
Salt Dough Recipe
- 1 cup of plain flour (it doesn’t matter what size cup you use as long as you use the same sized cup for each ingredient)
- Half a cup of table salt
- Half a cup of water
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl
- Add the water and stir until it comes together into a ball.
- The dough is now ready to be made cut into shapes using cookie cutters or you could make a model.
- Place the finished items on a lined baking sheet and bake on the lowest setting on your cooker for 3 hours or until solid.
- Once cool these can then be painted.
Cooked Playdough Recipe
- 2 cups of plain flour (it does not matter what size cup you use as long as you keep it a consistent size)
- ¾ cup of table salt
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar (this is optional but keeps it fresher)
- 2 cups of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Food colouring (optional)
- Stir together the flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large pan.
- Add the water, food colouring and oil.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until the dough has thickened and begins to form into a ball.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly and then knead until smooth. Store in an airtight container.