Chinese New Year Crafts and Activities
Date: 05 Feb 2019
With Chinese New Year just around the corner, we’ve put together a selection of our favourite themed craft and activity ideas for you to try at home. Chinese New Year is one of the world’s most celebrated festivals and is associated with a variety of different myths and customs. So why not celebrate this Chinese New Year by recreating our favourite crafts and activities:
- Make your own cupcake liner dragon –
- Chinese inspired sensory play –
- Make your own activity tray –
- Create Chinese lanterns –
- Learn and practice Chinese calligraphy –
- Make your own Chinese cherry blossom fans –
- Create firecrackers from toilet paper tube –
- Chinese New Year inspired maths area –
- Chinese New Year sensory spaghetti –
- Alternatively, since 2019 is the year of the pig why not take a look at some pig themed craft ideas?
The Pig is the twelfth of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. Pig was late because he overslept. Another story says that a wolf destroyed his house. He had to rebuild his home before he could set off. When he arrived, he was the last one and could only take twelfth place.
Whether you choose to recreate one of our favourites or make your own Chinese New Year crafts and activities, make sure to share with us on social media!