NCT’s Cold Weather Tips for the Winter
Date: 14 Nov 2018
The evenings are getting darker and the temperature is getting colder which can only mean one thing…winter is coming. With winter comes the task of making sure your baby is warm and safe, especially when outdoors. With this in mind, NCT have put together a list of cold weather tips for the winter:
- The extra layer rule - A good rule of thumb is to dress your baby with one layer of clothing more than you’re wearing. For example, if you’re in a shirt, sweater and coat, give your baby a vest, sleepsuit, cardigan and coat.
- Be prepared - In winter it’s best to err on the side of caution so, as well as the extra layer, make sure you dress your baby in a hat, mittens and bootees when you go outside. And take a couple of blankets just in case.
- Flat cap or woolly hat? - It’s important that a baby’s head is kept warm and protected so make sure they have hats or hoods for the winter. Flat caps look cute on baby boys but they’re not ideal for really cold weather. Either have a hooded jacket that can go over a cap or look for a woolly hat or headgear that covers ears and cheeks too.
- Get their winter wardrobe from a Nearly New Sale - Kitting out a baby for the winter can be expensive so look out for an NCT Nearly New Sale in your area and buy quality clothes and equipment at a fraction of the high street price. NCT Nearly New Sales differ from other sales as the funds raised help support parents in the area.
- Not too cold but not too hot - Don’t let your baby get cold, of course, but don’t let them get too hot either. Feel their chest or back to check their temperature. Remember to remove extra clothing when you come in from outside or get into a warm car, bus or train so that your baby doesn’t get too hot.
For more cold weather tips please click here.
We are proud to be working with NCT. For more information on becoming an NCT member please click here.