With the Duchess of Cambridge – Kate Middleton recently sharing a picture of Prince George starting his first day in nursery, we thought a blog post with a guide on finding quality childcare would be a great help for those preparing for this important decision.
(Photo Credit: Duchess of Cambridge)
Choosing childcare for your baby is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a new parent. The process may seem overwhelming, and you may be uncertain of what questions to ask or what to look for. To help, below is a list a group of new expecting parents have created with suggested questions to ask your potential childcare provider.
What to ask:
- Will my baby be held a lot and have lots of “conversation” and physical nurturing?
- How will that happen without a one-to one ratio?
- What if my baby cries?
- What kind of experience and training will the staff in my baby’s room have?
- How do I know that they will be loving, competent and caring people?
- How long have the caregivers been at the nursery?
- What precautions have been taken to limit the spread of germs?
- How will I know what my baby’s routine – feeding, sleeping and changing – has been for the day?
- Will I get an update of what my baby has done that day?
- How will you communicate with me so I don’t miss any milestones?
- How do you manage a wide range of ages/abilities in one room?
What to look for:
- Does the nursery have a secure entrance?
- Are all families and visitors greeted?
- Do the babies seem happy and comfortable in the room?
- Do the staff seem happy and engaged with the babies?
If you’re looking for childcare, come and have a tour of our safe and secure nursery and meet our highly-qualified staff team. We will talk you through the activities and learning environments so that you can understand how they provide children with safe, inspirational opportunities to learn through play and exploration. For more information, please click here.