World Kindness Day
Date: 13 Nov 2015
World Kindness Day is celebrated around the world on 13th November.
The day was first introduced by the World Kindness Movement in 1998, with countries including Canada, Japan, Australia, Singapore and India observing the day.
In the UK, the day is chaired by Louise Burfitt – Dons, who co-founded Kindness Day UK.
World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community, focusing on the positive power and common thread of kindness which binds us.
Here are 10 ways you can celebrate World Kindness Day – no matter where you are in the world:
- Compliment the first three people you talk too
- Say good morning to the person in the lift
- Dedicate a few hours a day to spreading positivity on social media
- Send flowers to a friend
- Leave a generous tip
- Leave someone at work a nice message on their desk
- Call or visit someone who is sick
- Let someone go in front of you in a queue
- Click for a cause and donate to a charitable fund
- And finally, if a person in your life matters to you – make sure you let them know you love them!