New Emergency Childcare Provision for Critical Key Workers
Here at Bright Horizons, we have been humbled by the tireless efforts and commitment shown by the nation’s key workers during this time of national crisis and have been working hard to find ways to support this group with childcare to enable them to continue their vital work.
We’ve adapted our Emergency Childcare service to serve critical key workers (as identified by the government) – helping to match their childcare needs with available local childcare provision including our Bright Horizons nursery hubs.
Emergency Childcare features:
- A register of childcare providers for critical key workers: ranging from childminders and nanny agencies to large nursery groups and independent nurseries, enabling them to quickly see which local providers are open to accept their children.
- New providers being added regularly – so we’re encouraging all critical key worker parents to register with the site - even if it doesn’t seem like there’s currently nearby care available.
- An ‘available care’ alert – once registered, parents can choose to be notified when care becomes available in their area.
As part of our efforts to support critical key workers, we offer:
- No booking fee for Bright Horizons critical key worker parents.
- All nurseries operating to government COVID-19 guidelines regarding lower occupancy, increased hygiene, an isolation room and other key factors as advised by health protection agencies to minimise any risk to the children and staff.
- Nurseries and childminders are all approved by the relevant governing regulator bodies (eg Ofsted and Care Inspectorate). Nannies will have a minimum of two years’ experience, enhanced DBS, security checked and pediatric first aid certificate.
- A reduced nominal 5% booking fee to contribute towards administration costs for any other critical key workers.
If you currently don’t need childcare but know a critical key worker who does, please feel free to forward this link.